Choose from ten different garden planting plans in 4'x4' or 4'x8' sizes.
Knowing what to plant, when, and how much is difficult – even for experienced gardeners. Verdura’s vegetable garden designs have been developed to guide gardeners of any experience level in turning their raised beds into productive, intensively planted gardens from early spring until late fall. In mild or moderate climates (zone 8 or above), many plants will grow over the winter months as well.
Developed by a professional chef, our garden planting plans are based on a wide variety of cuisines and culinary interests. The plans feature:
- Easy, intuitive square foot gardening techniques, which divide garden frames into individual square feet and specify ideal spacing for each plant in the garden.
- Succession planting ensures a continuous harvest and optimal timing for each crop in your garden, with spring, summer and (in some cases) fall plantings.
- The planting plans include spacing, plant height, recommended plant supports (such as trellises or cages), and likely harvest dates based on planting date and typical maturity rates.
- 4'x8' versions are available in both north-south and east-west orientations. Select the plan that is closest to your bed orientation to maximize the sunlight on your plants.
- Beneficial and companion plants like marigolds are included to increase your garden’s health and beauty.
- Includes as a bonus a section with general organic and square foot gardening hints and tips.
Note the plans are NOT suitable for conventional row gardens; they are developed as square foot garden plans for 4'x4' or 4'x8' raised beds. They can be doubled - or two can be planted side by side - to accommodate larger raised bed gardens.
Plans are available as downloadable PDFs (see a sample here):
Select a plan to see what's included: